Pages

Saturday 29 December 2012

Short story: Trapped

I have been very reluctant and doubtful to post short stories on my blog for so many reasons. However, I love writing more than words can describe (ha!) and have come to the conclusion that I love sharing my work with others anyways, I might as well.

From time to time, I will post some stories on my blog. Some will be shorter than others....but nonetheless, they all will be different and exciting!

Trapped

Sitting in my white Pajero, I peer through my front passenger window only to discover pure white sand, rippling like silk. It looks innocent and naive ... yet somehow guilty as if it is withholding something from the rest of mankind. It meets the cloudy grey sky with a clear cut, the juxtaposition makes me uneasy. It is making a hole within the bottomless pit of my stomach which is slowly filling up with tarnished silver. The lifeless yellow leaved palm trees are swaying in the harsh winds, just as they have swayed for the last ten unpromising years. The pitter-patter of the dismal rain drops despondently onto the dusty windowpane. And it seemed as if only seconds later we become the unfortunate victims of merciless white sand engulfment. I feel empty as I step out of my car, which blends perfectly into the sea of uniformed dull white cars. I walk behind the others all dressed in dark blue trousers and miserable not-a-crease-in-sight white shirts. Passing emotionless cold morning faces, I wonder what life would be like if I were to live as an individual with the freedom and independence to splurge my opinions on life as openly as I willed. I soon realise that this was a childish dream. My voice is merely an echo, lost in the icy breeze swirling around society of which I blend into without choice. I am trapped within my own body. I am trapped within my own soul.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment