Pages

Sunday 30 December 2012

Short story: Breaking Free



 

Breaking Free

Snowflakes fell effortlessly onto the clear canvas of which my toasty brown boots trod on. I naturally felt at ease with the slow soft crunching sensation that travelled up my body as I skipped exuberantly through feathery light whipped cream. The velvety snow magically blended into the pale powdery blue skies, and the sun exuded the heat of a warm everlasting happiness. Sweet untainted air filled my lungs with neither the feeling of heavy fumes or icy bitterness, engulfing my body with sweet gentle kisses. I twirled around until I came face to face with a bare oak tree which stood stark naked in front of me. It probably felt shame and couldn’t wait until spring when it could finally step into its little green number! The oak tree was exceedingly tall; it loomed over me endeavouring to grasp the clouds, only succeeding by touching them with the very tip of its index finger. I wish I was a tree so I could break free. I stretched upwards and let me body tingle with elasticity knowing that if I just stretched a little bit higher, maybe just maybe, I could reach the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment