Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

Understanding queue jumping

I should begin this post by saying when people say that short people are closer to the ground and therefore, closer to Satan, they are correct. 100% correct. I am small, and whenever I am at the canteen at my school endeavouring to pick up some processed garbage *sigh* - I am always always always shoved out of the way and trampled on the floor.

Feeling quite sad because I am tiny, and beside me there are 6 foot 3 boys with wavy brown hair and green eyes ''Uh....pizza thanks'' they say in their deep deeeeeep voices..and since I'm basically a plastic human bag....nobody seems to notice me and cuts in. Yes, that's the sad sad truth, I am so small...nobody SEES ME. So I have come to the conclusion, that if they cannot see me, they could probably HEAR me if I tried to be heard. It  makes sense if you think about it, like if you're blind you tend to have better hearing because you are more reliant on your other four senses? Well, in a similar way I guess you could apply the same logic. I'm not really very rude at all though so I think I would possibly feel a bit odd and a bit strange fighting for my place in the queue of the canteen, in actual fact I think it's rather ridiculous to put all my might and effort just so I can leave the canteen five minutes earlier? Is it really worth it...being the bitch of the canteen? I have no idea. Is. It. Worth. It. 

With me though, it seems like I only can work at extremes. I am either a shy polite pushover who allows people to trample all over me in the quest to be nice OR  a mean bitch with a foul mouth in the name of standing up for myself. Gahhh why is this so hard? All I want to do is wait for my disgusting pizza without some incompetent fool not being able to wait in line (in his rightful place). I hate queue cutters, nobody seems to care about this though, so it's really one man for himself. So to fight the animals you have to be an animal and basically in theory you must SAY SOMETHING or DO SOMETHING to show that you HAVE THE RIGHT as A PERSON to be in a situation. But I am rather bamboozled myself, what would a civilised person do you do in this situation? I quite frankly have no clue....Personally, from experience saying nothing to queue jumpers feels pretty fucking crap. But I also think that being rude would still make you feel pretty crap and the person cutting in feeling crap as well...and they most likely will not stop cutting in regardless of your rude animalistic cries towards them You know what they say...once you cut in line, you will always cut in line - nobody has actually ever said this, but I shall make it a point to get this a well-known kiss-arse quote. But, this is a rather good point I guess, what you have to realise is although, you don't owe anybody your courtesy or your kindness...being rude is an awful trait to be quite frank. And I think personally, mustering up the strength NOT to say anything is a much more gallant thing to do than actually saying something...In my opinion, this could be seen as quite cowardly and lame to others but I think being nice is a far more wonderful thing to be then being rude.

And with that thought, I shall leave, gather my thoughts and cry over my wonderful lasagne I had for supper yesterday, was deliciously marvy in all the best ways,

Shall leave you to do what you normally do when queue cutters cut in, or not? 
Hannah
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment