Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

Battling the obsticle of the fitness blues



Alas it is February, a good solid month and a bit since you first set your February resolutions. And of course, you are either soaring, very exuberant with your new found healthy lifestyle: exercising 3 hour every day, having sex for AT LEAST 4 hours every night and you are of course having home cooked healthy under 300 calorie meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. OR you are sitting in your bed right now – feeling FAT and MISERABLE being your usual wonderfully hateful self, cursing at yourself and your failed resolutions and how that in fact, you wouldn't even mind having sex for four hours every night...except that nobody really wants to sleep with you. It’s either between these options or that...in fact, you did not keep any resolutions because you knew that it was inevitable that you would not keep any of them – but you are very able to have sex with any man because you are a goddess (of course).

It’s February and...I...well failed myself, consecutively now for 5 bloody years...and screw unrealistic New Year resolutions. Make February resolutions. And it's still winter after all, something to be a little happy about. There is little to be happy about any more and life seems very bizarre but do you know what isn't at all bizarre: EXERCISE. Do it!!! Do it!!! Say no to obesity and high blood pressure and get a lovely bum...I can honestly feel exhilaration rushing through my anaemic veins right now just thinking about the rear of the year you could achieve, dude. It’s hard and difficult to be dedicated to fitness, loving your body and all that crap but it really is worth it...at sixteen (basically, c'mon I know it’s a month man till I am actually 16 why do you have to be so goddamn fussy), as I was saying at sixteen...naive, stupid and only bearing one piercing in my ears , I can say from my very little experience in this world...or my ‘little bubble’ as I have not actually set foot in the ‘real world’, that exercise is the best most wonderful thing you can give to your body. It really really really is.  I know a lot of people say a whole load about loving your body...and while that is too important, do it so you can live longer and live longer without diseases and disorders...be healthy! Don’t cash in on your high metabolism... (If you’re lucky enough to have it), just because it doesn't show doesn't mean you are healthy and ‘fit’...and while we all joke about being ‘lazy fat slobs’ – it’s quite frankly, disgusting. It is disgusting to be lazy, to not care for your body!

I think the most exciting things to do, that also happens to be exercise (lmao) which is also exceedingly therapeutic...is...swinging, on swings (ha!). I love swinging, if I had a swing I would spend all my free time on it, doing my homework, thinking, writing...god knows what...I have had a free-spiritedly weird infatuation with swings when I was younger...it’s somewhat a bit like flying...coinciding with the pilot dream. But walking is also fab, walking is actually beyond fab especially if it’s on the beach, or if it’s windy and chilly but not too chilly but the kind of chilly that is still bearable and has a breeze and it absolutely delicious? Also marvy trainers are always a wonderfully massive motivator to beat the fitness blues. Think bright pink and green with zebra spots and little pictures of pancakes on the straps.

Anyway...it’s a choice that one must make themselves. And although, it is very tempting right now to  have some ravioli, I will beat this temptation...

Hmmmm...The things I do for my health.
Hannahxx


2 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah, nice post. Loving the pics. Legally Blonde is just so hilarious! I really need to start back exercising. It's true that a little exercise can make your body feel so much better. But as for the ravioli, I say eat it! Just in moderation :)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    http://gizzlemizzle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh. I'm just starting to get back in to my exercise routine ready for summer.
    Found your blog on the hop.

    Melissa xx

    http://beautycouturexox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete