Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

Organising your wardrobe!






One of my marvy New Year’s Resolutions is to of course keep my wardrobe organised and neat. If I do not constantly organise my wardrobe once a month... things seriously get out of hand and even lost. Below I've put together a few of my own best tips as well as Lauren Conrad's for getting your wardrobe in check to give you a kick spring start :) 21st of March is not that far off guys, hope you are all anticipating Spring as much as I am!
Every day: Remember to keep your closet tidy! A way that works for me is if every time I cannot find something in my closet due to mess and clutter...I do the plank for a minute and do 20 burpees all in one go which seriously motivates me to keep my closet clean. But! If worse comes to worse then....

Once a Month:  Guys, by the end of the month my closet looks like an animal nest. I just...well when I am in a rush I forget to fold and neatly put away my clothes resulting in a mega stress and time wasted not being able to find something! So once a month, I really suggest you all organising and folding your clothes. I hang my clothes in order of colour just because I find that the easiest way for me to navigate my clothes but lots of people find organising their clothes in order of what they are...eg hoodies, dresses, t-shirt...much more practical  I have tried both and I recommend colour!

Every 6 Months: I recommend going through your entire contests of your wardrobe and binning anything that is stained, ripped and giving the clothes you don't want any more to charity. If you aren't sure about something, call a mate! 

Once a Year: Donate things to charity and organise a clothing swap with mates. It's important to remember that sentimentality should not warrant a precious piece of real estate in your closet. Another idea is to do the "switcheroo." At the beginning of the year, turn all of your hangers backwards. As you wear items, turn the hanger back around so it's facing the right way. By the end of the year you will see which pieces you wore and what you can get rid of. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment