Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Teary whilst phoning?



This is actually quite embarrassing but I think I must have the worst phone anxiety to have ever existed. It's not that I am terrified of telephones itself but talking to people over the phone may be literally one of the most terrifying things ever.

I don't think I have it as abysmal as I used to, but it became such a hassle in life. It was as if I really couldn't have a proper conversation over the phone? Weird I know...but at least it is (sort of) in the past. Update on 27/07/15 : it is very much still a reoccurring anxiety, I'm afraid. 

Relatives speaking to me in another language might be the worst. The mixture of a strange words that I can barely understand, the crappy phone reception and the slow buzz of the phone next to my hot blood filled ear is practically unbearable.

I put off purchasing a decent phone for years, I settled for what I soon realised was a FAKE Nokia smart phone.  The day I realised was the day I looked at my mobile screen, ''pls lock'' were the words wafting across my green shiny screen.
''PLS LOCK????''''PLS??''. Only a fool would think pls was a decent substitute for please. I then realised that my supposed Nokia battery was not a Nokia battery. BASTARDS! A fake Nokia, I tell you that hurts.

But I guess having a rubbish phone gave me sort of gave me an excuse not to talk to people over my mobile phone because it was simply too crappy a phone for that sort of thing...of course. Of course, a crappy phone basically means I am unable to call you what so ever.

What happened was, a few weeks ago I got a .... real phone *gasps*. Not to say I have any prejudice towards REAL Nokia's, but I was lucky to get an iPhone so I took my chance and soared so high I think I may have grown a centimetre or two.

That being said I now have a social responsibility to 1) accept calls and 2) to actually call people. What an exciting and adrenaline filled life I live.

Now I can say at sixteen, I live a somewhat bearable life in between phone calls and Chlamydia awareness leaflets, life could be worse...I could actually be on the phone calling a sexual health clinic about retracting chlamydia I guess (not likely to happen I must admit). However I hear that 1 in 4 teenagers have contracted Chlamydia...But I stay firmly in the 75% of the British teenage population.

As I am becoming more open to this 'life skill' I can't help but feel respect to those working in call centres.

For now,
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment